It’s good that you do with your manuscript and are ready for its submission, but prior to that the most essential task is still enduring i.e. writing a cover letter for your manuscript. You might be tormenting that if you have written your manuscript well then why is cover letter so important? For sure, it is important to clutch a cover letter with your manuscript as it gives a sense of completeness to it. Also, many journals have some specific requirements to be mentioned in the cover letter thus it becomes implicate to add it. Cover letters also gives a clear idea to the publisher that what is there in the manuscript and why it should published in their journal. Therefore, how one can elude such an important part of a manuscript? Thus, it becomes a central task to learn the tricks of writing an eye-catching cover letter for manuscript so that it can give a reason for publishing it –
- Starting with an introduction, don’t forget to add the title of the manuscript and the journal to which manuscript is supposed to be published.
- Mention the reason behind your manuscript and what it is all about also write about why readers should prefer your manuscript for reading?
- What are the problems or questions that have been solved in your research?
- What are the major findings and solution of the research done?
- Also mention the summary of the conclusion you have drawn from the study and what exactly was expected.
- Write an assurance statement for the following –
- That your write-up has not been published in any other journal and will be done for the first time.
- Your manuscript has been approved by all the authors for its submission and publication in the journal.
- Feel free to add any other fascinating statement in your cover-letter so that the editor may get magnetized towards it.
Thus, you can write an eye-catching cover letter for your manuscript by following aforesaid tips.